Consumer purchase behavior is much studied. These questions are about your buying behavior with respect to different products.
1. Name a category for which you are very fussy and only one product will do. Name the product.
Uhm, the only thing I could think of is Bras! I’m busty and it’s really hard to find bras that fit me perfectly. So I only shop for bras at Cacique because they have cup sizes from B to J (I think) and something like band sizes from 34-54. Cacique is like Vicky’s Secret for really busty women (I say this and what I mean is Busty women can shop at VS too, but not -always- and I really just like Cacique cos they have sexy bras for busty women, not just white and old lady-ish).
2. Name a category for which you are fussy about quality and buy top-of-the-line brands.
Food. I cook a LOT and dabble in many different cuisines. I love the culture of food, and I love quality food. So I’m very picky about what brands I buy, about fresh foods, etc.
3. Name a category for which you are most interested in price, and will buy whatever brand is cheapest.
Hard liquor in bulk? Hah. When I’m throwing a party, I buy vodkas like Popov and UV and Pinnacle. You can get each of those for under like 9 bucks. LOL
4. Name a category for which you are unable to find a satisfactory product.
Strangely… shampoo. I can’t find one to stick with and change every time the bottle is out.
5. Name a product that has disappeared from the market for which you have been unable to find a satisfactory substitute.
Demon in the Dark soap from Lush cosmetics. It had an amaaaaazing minty/apple/hint of clove scent. Wish I would have bought another bar before it was discontinued! Also! My “signature scent,” so to speak. Luckily, I can still buy that direct from the company. :]
6. Name a product that you buy that your mother or father used to buy.
Uhm… I don’t know. Technology? Windows OS and HP products for the most part. I dunno, my parents and I are sooo different and as an adult I’ve really developed my own tastes.
7. Name a product that you won’t buy because your mother or father used to buy it.
Kraft mac and cheese, wonderbread, oscar mayer beef bologna, chef boyardee anything. I ate waaaaay too much of that stuff as a child.
8. Name a product that is over-rated.
Umbrellas. Feel the rain on your face for once, it won’t kill you.
9. Name a product that is under-rated.
I always say this, but it applies here too: leg wear. Fuck. Never underestimate good leg wear. Stockings, socks, tights, thigh highs, knee highs, see through, opaque, black, red, pink, white, fishnet, lace tops, tight, slouchy, etc. Just… buy some, please. It will change your life.
Bonus: If there was one product that you would re-invent or improve, what is it?
I want wireless ear buds more than life. It would make my whole life so much easier. I know some people use like… blue tooth for listening to music, but I hate blue tooth. I ear buds that are wireless, period.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!