Not only is he prolific with great verse but TMI Tuesday questions too. Special thanks to virtualsin.wordpress.com for once again submitting great questions this week.
Good News: You’ve been invited to party!
Bad News: You have certain concerns. . .
1) Arrival. Are you afraid (a) that you can’t find the address, (b) that you will be early, (c) that you will be late, (d) other?
I’m not afraid I will be late, because I am always on time for work or other important functions… I am *always* late to the party. Usually because I obsessively change my clothes a dozen times or more.
2) Clothing. Are you afraid (a) you will be underdressed, (b) overdressed, (c) dressed for the wrong activity, (d) don’t have items that you need, e.g. swimsuit, (3) other?
Overdressed, as is my curse!
3) Drinks. Are you afraid that (a) you will drink too much, (b) that you will drink too little, (c) other people will drink too much, (d) there won’t be anything good that’s non-alcoholic, (e) other?
Drink too much. I’m definitely the girl with the lampshade on her head at the end of the night if I’m not careful. And it’s hard for me to back down from a challenge.
4) Food. Are you afraid that (a) the food will be too new-fangled and trendy, (b) the food will be conventional and boring, (c) there won’t be anything you want to eat, (d) there won’t be any food and you are hungry, (e) other?
I’m not a terrible picky eater, although I swear it’s like whatever party I go to… they usually have a bunch of shit with bacon all over it, and the only refreshments they ever have (aside from booze) are various sodas. I don’t eat pork or soda, and really don’t eat too many sweets. I almost always bring a bottle of water to a party.
5) Music. Are you afraid that (a) the music will be too loud, (b) there won’t be music or you won’t be able to hear it, (c) the music will be of a new genre you don’t like or can’t understand, (d) the music will be boring oldies, (e) other?
I take offense to the idea of “oldies” being boring. I suppose I’m more afraid that the music will be far too loud for good conversation and/or give me a headache. It would have to be pretty damn loud though, since I’m used to loud music.
6) Later. Are you afraid that (a) the party will end too soon and it won’t have been worth the trouble, (b) the party will go on too long, (c) other?
I’d rather the party go on too long–I can always leave. I hate when a good party breaks up too soon, and I’m usually the person that says: hey, anyone who is game, come to this bar/my house with me.
7. Afterward. Are you afraid that (a) you will end up in bed with the wrong person and the sex will be bad, (b) the you will end up in bed with the wrong person and the sex will be great, (c) that you will end up in bed with the right person and there won’t be any sex, (d) that you will end up in bed with the right person who wants sex but you are too tired, (e) other?
Before I fuck someone, I need an attraction or chemistry. My attraction, like everyone else’s, is initially appearance based (when I’m seeing people), but if I start talking to you and you’re an idiot (I’m a judgmental asshole, sorry) we’re probably not fucking. If there is not an immediate spark, we’re probably not fucking either. I used to fuck pretty indiscriminately, but I’m at the point now that if we’re going to have a one night stand, it needs to be because I fucking NEED you right then, because the chemistry between us is so unbearable.
How to play TMI Tuesday: Copy the above TMI Tuesday questions to your webspace (i.e., a blog). Answer the questions there, then leave a comment below, on this blog post, so we’ll all know where to read your responses. Please don’t forget to link to tmituesdayblog from your website!
Happy TMI Tuesday!