The lovely Mrs. Fever has graced me with a truly unique award and one that I gladly accept. I have had many dragons (chinese zodiac) in my life, and each one has left a lasting impression upon me. To accept this award from a Dragon is a special gift all its own. Thanks, Feve. Love ya, babe.
Rules of acceptance:
- Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you. (check)
- Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them in your post. (check)
- Share 7 things other bloggers may not know about you. (below)
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Dragon’s Loyalty Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs. (below)
- Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog. (aaaand done!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- I take things like Zodiac pretty seriously even though I try not to. It’s really hard not to when you so rightfully match up with yours.
- I used to want to be a psychologist, but I didn’t think that with my own mental disorder I could handle the stress of the job.
- I leave little pieces of myself places. Every person in my life gets someone different… a piece of me that someone else might not get or understand. This blog gets the part of me that I share with no one, except for my partner(s), which is why I am quite wary about meeting people who know me via the blog, in spite of the deep sense of community I feel.
- I have a hard time processing “in-betweens.” I tend to be all or nothing in everything I do, especially in my relationships with friends, family or lovers. If I love you, I would do anything for you. If I hate you, I wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. Naturally, this complicates things.
- I’m a hypocrite through and through and I hate hypocrites! I hate secrets, but I keep plenty myself. I hate lies, but I lie like I get paid for it nearly every day. I hate Florida but I love the ocean. You get the picture.
- My self esteem is in the toilet, but my self confidence is through the roof. I hate myself, but I am immeasurably arrogant. I believe (at times) that no one wants a thing to do with me, and then I tell myself that I can have anything that I want (and will go to incredible lengths to get it, if only for the ego boost it provides). Sometimes I wonder if I’m a terrible person, and sometimes I don’t care if I am.
- I question my motivation for this blog on at least a bi-weekly basis. I’ve thought many times about deleting it, or making it all private. I wonder if it is a selfish collection of stories for me to look back upon when my time is up. I wonder if it really is a tool I use to decompress, or if it is a tool I use to communicate to Sir. I wonder if I just keep it up because it helps me feel less alone.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dragon: yang; symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it; the most highly honored animal in the hierarchy; upwardly rising, though not as a phoenix; guarder of treasure, keeper of strength, ruler of all elements; benevolent and wise, but not without fierceness and pride.
Dragon Loyalty: to demonstrate a willingness to fly, to learn, to ascend to new heights, to look ever upward, to be more; to guard what you treasure, to take pride in your values, and do so with fortitude and forbearance; to find strength in your scaly armor as well as the tender heart that armor guards.
DRAGON LOYALTY AWARDS
(for facing ever-upward, finding strength in the journey, and learning to fly)
I try not to assign awards to people who have already received them:
Sadey–as she embarks on a new journey. Good luck, dear. :]
I’d like to nominate my dear, dear Dawn, but Feve beat me to the punch. 😛
To those who would accept this award: 望子成龍 — Be As A Dragon